Saturday 9 April 2016

Testing the makup fort advertisement look 1

   After looking for inspiration for my advertisement look I finally found the ideas for this design and I have tried the look on myself, first of all to test the products and the details that I wanted to use for this look. I had artificial white roses that I have used as hair details in some of my previous projects and I cut them off. I coloured them with acrylic red paint. The reason why I used Acrylic colour is because I know that it dries fast and the colour stays as well. In addition I have worked a lot with acrylic colours for nail designs,as I have done a nail extension and nail art course before. Once I cut the petals, coloured them and let them dry, I started to apply them using Duo Glue. I wasn't sure if that eyelash glue is going to work and actually hold the petals, as they are heavier and made of fabric. Fortunately it worked very well, but I just had to hold the for quite long, until the glue was completely dry. I have applied the small feather eyelashes that I actually cut from a set of eyelashes. I thought that if I used the whole eyelash it would be too much and then it will ruin the entire look. I applied 3 pieces of eyelashes on the top lid and 2 on the bottom. I applied the longest one in the middle so that it pops out more, and puts them in evidence more and won't be covered by the petals in the picture. I also added some clear gems to show more the idea of freshness. I thought: What can give more the impression of freshness than water? or a flower in the morning that has  dew on it.


 
    Of course something was missing and the look wasn't complete. I had to apply makeup underneath the petals too because it looks unfinished this way So I applied some red Kryolan Supracolor on the eyelid and tried to make it in a way that there was no space between the petals and the skin. Doing it this way was completely wrong because I had to applye the colour on the lid first and then apply the petals and all the other details. It also made it really hard to arrive in every empty corner as the eyelashes where an obstacle. In the end, despite the little errors and taking in consideration that this is a testing, I am happy with the result and I will definitely use it for this advertisement image.




No comments:

Post a Comment