Friday 22 April 2016

Final Catwalk look

    The design created for the Timed assessment was the first design out of to looks we had to create. This look was inspired from Gareth Pugh's Spring/Summer 2016 collection. My inspirations can be seen even through the outfit used for this shooting. I have tried to interpret the outfits of the collection and also to transmit the style of designer through the makeup and the hair created.
    The makeup consists of perfect matte skin, with a slight contouring (on the forehead, under the cheek-bones and under the jaw line); and highlighted the cheekbones. After that I have passed on doing the makeup on the eyes. Using the Kryolan Supracolor (black), I started the eye design. I applied the black colour on the entire eyelid till, reaching the eyebrow. I did a thick black line underneath as well. Then I started to do the fleeks on the top of the eyebrows, going all around towards the temples and all the way round till the nose. I applied the black Illamasqua eyeshadow over all the eyelid where the black colour was already applied. The black eyeshadow served for avoiding the colour to get smudged when the model opened her eyes. In addition, it makes the colour even more pigmented. After the entire makeup was done, I applied Illamasqua false eyelashes.
    I then finished the contouring Using the Illamasqua Sculpting powder, and highlighted the skin Using a combination of two shades of Revolution Highlighter. The last touch where the lips that most of all where inspired by the Gareth Pugh's Spring/Summer 2016 collection, and in particular by those clothing items that had Red & White stripes. This is why even the lip design where exactly with the same colours. The edges of the lips were red while the inner part of the lips.
    For the hair I have created 5 small twists on each side that were arriving till the temple heights and I tighten them with clear hair bands. On the top of the head I back-combed all the hair, mostly at the roots. This helped me to achieve the desired volume. Then I made a Dutch braid. I loosen it to create a messy look and also because I love the shape that a loosen braid has. It gave a more sophisticated touch to the entire look. The plait was twisted under the braid.
    For the outfit, I wanted to recreate in some way an outfit from the actual collection. To be more specific, the red jacket with a massive red bow on the neck side. As I couldn't find a red jacket I went for a plain white jacket. I thought that using an alternative colour wouldn't be a problem, especially as white was also a colour often seen on the runway. It also made mode impact together with the red bow. The combination of two, matched perfectly the lips colours as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment