Friday 8 April 2016

Hair ideas for the catwalk look

http://www.hairstyles123.com/wp-content/uploads/
2014/10/Black-Avant-Braids-Hairstyle.jpg
    For the hairstyling for this Catwalk look I want to create something that would reflect not only the trend of the season but as well as being suitable with the entire makeup look. I love the idea of braids and plaits that are considered one of the trends of this season, Spring/Summer 2016. I also wanted to add volume in it as at the show the models were wearing short cut wigs with a lot of volume in it. Likewise for every design I am creating I want that the hairstyle and the makeup look original and reflect in this case not only the style, but the collection itself. Braided hairstyles have always been a trend to arrive till a point when they are considered a trend not only for females, but males too.

   At the beginning I thought to use a wig too for my design as wigs were used for Gareth Pugh's runway show. To style a wig require time and patience, But this wasn't the main reason why I have changed my mind from using a wig for this look. I wanted to actually create a hairstyle using the skills we learned this term and apply them in my own design. I know that even Applying a wig requires strong technical skills, but for the style I had in my mind for this look, it would be nearly impossible to hide the imperfections of the wig styling. The hairstyles I had in my mind for this look were inspired by the gothic and punk style. So I started looking through different images to find the inspiration. I wanted sleek sides and huge volume in the centre. The main point is to pt in evidence the season's trend which are the braids. I think to literally create the entire hairstyle on the braids, Something similar to the images attached.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/30/d3/f5/30d3f5210b9672389cf27aaca3132d6c.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment