Saturday 23 April 2016

Similarity between the Catwalk and Editoria & Ellis Faasl looks


    In my point of view the editorial and the catwalk designs are linked between them in a certain way.  They are obviously different looks but in terms of style and character of the design they have several similarities. I guess the similarities between these designs are due to the fact that all of them were inspired and related to the brand we have chosen. All our images, in the end, reflects in a certain way the brand's style, it's concept and the way we understand it.
    At the beginning, when I was actually thinking about each design, I didn't think of a way to relate them or create a similarity between the designs, but I realise that even if accidentally they are linked. 
    First of all, I would describe the looks- quite dramatic and avant-garde. All the looks seem to be inspired from the same source- the looks created by Ellis Faas. To be more specific, they are in particular inspired by that pure art we can see in the short film by Ellis Faas: "Identity Revealed" :


   All the designs used in this short film have basically the same concept. All the looks are tribal, full of originality, really creative and unique. A lot of accessories are used in these designs, some of them to complete the hair look, others are the form the actual makeup. I found the style of the designs in this short film very familiar to mine. I love using accessories in my own looks and create very artistic, and unusual compositions, quite dramatic, probably is the right word to describe my ideas/work. Similar to Ellis Faas' work, I try to keep a balance between the hair and the makeup. With this I mean that if the makeup is very sophisticated from my point of view, then I will try to have a "softer", less prominent hairstyle.
   Analysing the images I created, in particular the editorial looks and the catwalk looks, have an artistic touch and reveal a wild sense in a way. The created designs, show a link with primitive subcultures, recalling traditions and customs of the tribes of the various parts of the world, particularly that geographically belong to the African continent. Starting from the Editorial looks that are the most "tribal" ones, the makeup is actually built of lines, patterns and unsymmetrical elements. So is the first catwalk design that is composed of irregular, dramatic and unusual eye makeup. In addition both- Editorial and catwalk look Nr.1 (Red Bow), the eyes are dark, bold and dramatic. On the second Catwalk look (the Golden Coins), the dramatic and quite tribal touch can be seen in the hairstyle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment