Saturday 9 April 2016

Ideas for the advertisement

    For the first advertisement look, i started to look through the products of the Ellis Faas Brand. One of the most evident line of products of the brand are the "Ellis Faas Red". Ellis Red is Ellis' signature colour: it is based/inspired on the natural colour of blood. That colour is the same in all of us, so therefore it doesn't clash with anyone's skin. Loved by women who never wore any other red lipstick before, as well as by red lipstick die-hards. Ellis Red comes in all three Ellis Lips textures: Creamy Lips (which feels the most like a traditional lipstick), Milky Lips (for those who do not like the feel of a lipstick - it is a lighter texture) and Glazed Lips (a non-sticky gloss, with a higher pigment load than regular glosses).

    

    This is why I have decided to create an advert for one of the Ellis Red products, and to be more specific I have chosen the Creamy Lips. The reason why I have chosen the creamy lips and not other product is because of a personal preference. It is a long-wear lipstick that provides pure colour, and a shiny finish that lasts overtime. Superior comfort both in application and on lips. Plumping actives improve hydration and smooth your lips.
 
  For the actual image I wanted to create something different, something that is not what we usually see in magazines as typical lip advertisement, I wanted to introduce the story of it or something that would actually describe the product or the entire brand somehow. Analysing the products and all the information I gathered about the product I know that Ellis' products are all based on a natural, vegetarian or even Vegan base. Looking through all images,making researches while trying to find inspiration for the makeup, I have found this image that inspired me a lot(on the left). So, at that point I thought that this explains and shows that Ellis Faas product are natural. I thought that I could use this idea for a personal interpretation, and looking more through images I found other pictures that helped me to build up my idea:


http://www.eyeshadowlipstick.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/orange-makeup-look-alicia.jpg
    I like the Idea of showing that the colour is an extract from natural resources. I know that the actual shade of this lipstick was inspired by the colour of blood, but it would be too drastic if I would show the inspiration of the colour. It would look more like a horror inspired picture. So I went for the idea of red of petals, as this product is 100% natural.  In addition that was representing my initial idea. I still wanted to make it different, transform into my own design. I kept looking at the products and thought that as the product is Liquid I can actually use even this quality in the advert and then somehow create an image that not only shows the product but described it in a certain way. I want that the client or who ever is seeing the advert, could understand the lipstick's properties, and to be caught by the image itself. I want it to be sensual and dramatic at the same time, something that will actually represent Ellis concept and her style, because this is the feeling I get when looking at her masterpieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment