Saturday 23 April 2016

Dark Beauty Magazine

    For my Editorial images I thought to create several spreads, as they would actually go in a magazine. The reason why I decided to do that is because I haven't actually created two different looks for the editorial. I extended and changed the same look while shooting it. As a final result, the images came out very different from each other, as like they were actually 2 designs. If thinking realistically, the only thing remaining the same is the faces makeup design, while the styling, the body painting, the lighting... all these details changes a lot throughout the shooting. There is a lot of movement and progress being noticed. After meeting with the course tutor, she advised me to stick with those images I have created because there is already a lot of progress. So, I decided to submit more than 2 images in order to show this development.
    I started to think then to create the spreads, as I am particularly happy with the result.
I have started to look for which magazine they would be suitable for, taking in consideration the style and the concept behind the images. After looking for the suitable magazine, I remembered about "Dark Beauty Magazine" that I actually follow on social medias and adore its style and the creative looks they publish.
    Dark Beauty is a magazine dedicated to artists, fashion designers, photographers, musicians, and actors who crave dark glamour. This magazine provide a new avenue for promoting new talents who are not scared to risk and dares to push the envelope and bling dreams, ideas and fantasies to life. The audience is basically formed of young adults, aged 18 and above, particularly for those who have passion for dark glamour and this kind of art. I believe that the images I created fits perfectly with this magazine, and especially after looking more into the images they publish.
    At the beginning I was thinking that I need to find a magazine that would actually suit with Ellis Faas looks. But then I realized that the looks I created are actually inspired by her works, and in particular the short film: "Identity Revealed", which actually has a dark side and transmits that maybe"creepy" in some way feeling.

http://www.darkbeautymag.com/wp-content/uploads/edd/2014/11/ISSUE-38-Cover.jpg
http://www.fashiongonerogue.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/amber-gray-relapse6.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment