Sunday 10 April 2016

Inspiration for the Second Catwalk Look

    For the second Catwalk look, I have decided to create the look for the same collection of Gareth Pugh. I have taken my inspiration from the same collection, introducing new ideas, a new concept and new details. This time  the inspiration for the look were different outfits that were on the runway. By this I mean- those outfits that had elements that determined the other signature of Gareth Pugh's collection for this season: The Golden Coins.
https://static.dezeen.com/uploads/2015/09/Gareth-Pugh-SS16_dezeen_sqa.jpg
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj1a0G_LsbUUPBKDZ8Xc-yQdOTsOpqrk1Ls_9SyFzZo4mQV4JhzRZ6iZcfF3HKsQU3IGwEKSwP8kn7MS67X5cEfmBSbBJ2r5qbEWs3I03nCIjxjREHhiaMdbJJXBRGPj4buGHzYxEJYNWgh/s1600/gareth-pugh-ss16-london-fashion-week-10.jpg
http://www.buro247.my/thumb/640x960_0/Gareth-Pugh-Beauty.jpg
    To recreate the idea of golden coins I thought  to use big, round, golden pagliette, and incorporate them in my design. For his collection, Gareth used real pens and sprayed them with golden spray. To use real coins in my own design was difficult as I didn't have the a big amount of cos to use for the outfit and the hair design as well. So, I had to find an alternative for this and this is why decided to use golden Pagliette.
   
      Regarding the makeup and the hair, I have decided to take the inspiration from the trend of the Spring/Summer 2016. I thought about a nice soft Dewy skin; thick, blue eyeliner, and slightly red lips. During the Milan Fashion week, Missoni showed us models with a really interesting and unusual way of wearing blue eyeliner. A very thick applied eyeliner in different shades of blue, covered the models' eyelids. By "unusual"I mean that the shape was particular and unsymmetrical. It was completely different from the stereotypical eyeliner on fleek. It was original! More than eyeliner it looked like face paint. 
http://frockadvisor-wordpress.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/milan-fashion-week-ss-16-Missoni-Painted-on-colour.png

     While for the hair I wanted to create something that would give the idea of avant-garde style, but keeping in mind the seasonal trends. In addition, I wanted to use the pagliette in the look too as I love to use accessories in my looks. I thought of creating something that would have both Sleek hair and plaits. Maybe something similar to the Celine's hair design. This hair design was very interesting and nice, but too "soft" and "gentle", if I can say so, for the gareth pugh's collection. I had to transform into my own design adding to it the concept and the style of Gareth Pugh, and keeping in mind the style and the Ellis Faas concepts.
http://ell.h-cdn.co/assets/15/41/480x720/gallery-1444313688-elle-pfw-ss16-beauty-celine.jpg
   I thought that this look is perfect for warm, summer days. It's all about hair being sleek, smooth, shiny and looking healthy. At the same time, I wanted to make this look My Own. To recreate it, but giving it more of an avant-garde twist. It needed a Wild twist, something that would give it more originality.... and this is when the brainstorming began- trying to create new ideas, new designs.

http://www.buro247.sg/thumb/700x390_5/images/beauty/SS16-Hair-Trends-Cover-Rubric.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment