Monday 11 April 2016

Final Idea- Face chart

    This is the face chart shows my final idea of the makeup for the Editorial look. I thought of a matte skin look. The model I am using for this look is very skinny and has very defined cheek-bone and a defined jaw lines but even though I want to give the look more strength and even more definition and this is why I am going to contour his face, creating more sculptured face by defining more the cheekbones.
For the eyes I thought of using a black colour that is darker in the inner corners of the eyes and fades out towards the temples. This black painting is going to cover his eyebrows as well. The eyebrows as well as the inner corner of the eyes are going to be the darkest part of the makeup. This will give more the feeling of power, determination and attitude. Contouring the eyes with dark eyeliner, would define more the eye shape, and would put in evidence the eyes.I believe that this will give more strength to the look and would rend the idea of self-confidence and boldness. I decided to use thorns on the forehead, again as symbol of power and also because they remind me of the Ellis Faas pens. This way I thought that it will include a detail that is relevant to the brand as well. Something similar I saw on the Ellis Faas instagram page that brought my feeling in the past giving the idea of those past times where king and warriors were still a part of the civilization:

 As I said before, I love using accessories in my makeup looks and this is what brought me to this idea.
    Regarding the lips, I was thinking to make them of a natural colour but then I changed my mind and for the actual shooting I am thinking to make them black and white. Black on the edges and White inside. I have chosen these colours because these are going to be the colours used for the makeup for the entire body for their symbolism I have explained in the other post.
   The body is going to be painted too with black and white colours, as mentioned. The body painting will consist mainly from lines and dots painted in different positions, because in the end this is what tribal makeup is all about. At the back I want to create a spinal column made of thorns  as well as bodypainting too that also is going to consist of lines of black and white colour.  I will put in evidence all the bone structure on the shoulders too, using the spine thorns in order to contour the body structure in a slightly different way.
    While the face makeup is staying the same I want to experiment more with this look and this is why I am going to add detail on the body the more I am working on those images. I am thinking to ss the thorns belt going diagonally from a shoulder to make it look like a bullet holder as this look is representing a warrior. This is going to define it even more as a modern tribal look. After this look with the bullet belt I want to expand the body painting. So, I will add more paint, more undefined lines all over the body that in some way will visually explain the storyline behind the images. It will show the evolution of the movement and of that character I am presenting. This change of the look will represent more likely the "after fight" scene. This is my the body more than painted, will look in some way "dirty".
   Another detail that is going to be used in this look is a painted hand on the chest that will represent "a successful fight"," a winner"- because this is the real meaning of it from the ancient Amazon tribes. This will rend more the idea of the character being a warrior, or better a successful warrior.

No comments:

Post a Comment