Friday 26 February 2016

Technical file- eyeliner

"Graphic eyeliner"- this is how the Spring/Summer make-up trend is defined. The eyeliner is back!

  
http://www.girlshue.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Best-
Liquid-Cat-Eye-liner-Styles-Trends-Ideas-For-Girls-2014-4.jpg

So,  in our Make-up practical sessions we were asked to practice working with eyeliner and to create 3 different looks. The first one will represent the day look, a subtle line very close to the lashline, with a small flick. The second look will have a more dramatic "character". The line is going to be thicker and the flick even longer to thicker too. The third look will represent more of a catwalk look, and with this I mean that it is over-dramatised or unusual as well as colourful.

My first model is Vicky. I firstly observed her eye-shape and tried to create the eyeliner look in order to suit with her eyes-shape. As she is Asian, she has a dropping eyelid and almond-shaped eyes. Here is the first look:


Second look, night look:


The third look:

After that I have practiced the eyeliner look on another model- Liliana. she has different eye- shape. Deep and round eyes, this is how I would describe it.


The day look:

Night look:

Catwalk look:

I have found some difficulties in applying the eyeliner at the beginning and especially when I had to create a straight line and very close to the lash line. I left some gaps next to the lash line when I have applied the eyeliner and then I understood that the problem was in not raising enough the eyelid and in using an angled brush that actually was too big. After I have changed the brush for a thinner one, applying the eyeliner was easier. Also, it is important to make the model to look in the opposite direction from where you are applying the product. Overall I am happy with the result and the key to it is just practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment