Sunday 21 February 2016

Technical file- Eyebrows

During a practical session we had to experiment with different eyebrow shapes. Picture No.1 is going to show the model's eyebrows with no make-up on them. The 2. will show the model's eyebrows as she usually does her own eyebrows. No.3 is going to show the model's eyebrows from my own point of view and finally 4. will show a Catwalk eyebrow look.

My first model was Vicky:
 1. Natural eyebrows. Vicky's eyebrows, even with no makeup on have a pretty well-defined shape, even though, they look sparse in some places and maybe some more definition on the top of them.
 2. The way my model does the shape of her eyebrows.  I asked her how she wants her eyebrows to be done and she said that she just wants them to be filled in. Other than that she is happy with her natural shape and the way they naturally grow. I used a dark brown eyeshadow and an angled brush to define my model's eyebrows.

 3. From my point of view,  the way she wanted her eyebrows was very soft and this is why I decided to define more he shape of her eyebrows. So, I gave them a harsher definition. then using a light concealer I have perfected the shape. One thing I would do though, but I couldn't is - I would trim her natural eyebrows because I think they are too long and hard to work with.

 4.The catwalk eyebrows  were inspired by Miu Miu SS 2016 - very bold and defined in the inner side and more faded at the ends. As my model's natural hair colour is very dark brown, nearly black I left the faded part being her natural hair without applying any makeup on and using black eyeshadow I defined the inner parts of the eyebrows.



 Second model was Lily


 1. This are Lily's natural eyebrows without any makeup on. Her natural eyebrows have a nice, defined shape, and they are well groomed as well.


 2. For the first look she told me that usually she fills them in, making them more pigmented and defining the shape, especially as at the edges they need to be filled in.

 3. When it came to the stage where I had to create the look based on my own point of view, I thought that actually as my model's eyebrows have a nice shape and they are pretty defined, I Just filled them in using a small angled brush and Illamasqua black eyeshadow and filled them in and defined the shape. You can hardly notice the difference between the previous look and the one I am describing now.



 4. For the catwalk eyebrow look, I took inspiration from Christopher Kane Spring/Summer 2016 look. First I filled in the eyebrow with black eyeshadow and the by using a mascara wand that I sprayed with a little bit of hairspray, and went with it against the direction of hair growth and lifting the hairs upwards.





No comments:

Post a Comment